Billing and payments
Cloud server volumes
Data centers and network
Data privacy and data portability
How it works
VPN to GPN
How to setup L2TP over IPsec for iDRAC on Linux Fedora 24
1. Update list of available packages:
sudo dnf update
2. Install required packages:
sudo dnf install NetworkManager-l2tp NetworkManager-l2tp-gnome libreswan xl2tpd
3. Restart your system:
4. Go to Settings → Network. Click "+" symbol under the list of network connections. Choose VPN → Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
5. Input login credentials displayed in portal.servers.com:
Name: Specify a name for the connection, for this example we used "VPN test"
Firewall Zone: Default
Gateway: VPN server
User name: Login
To enter the password click "?" symbol in input field and select "Store the password only for this user"
6. Click "IPsec Settings" and check the "Enable IPsec tunnel to L2TP host" box. Now enter the "Pre-shared key", using the Shared secret from portal.servers.com. Leave the rest of the fields blank.
7. Go to "IPv4" tab and scroll down to "Routes" section. Add a route as shown below:
8. Save your connection by pressing "Add" button.
9. Now you can access your iDrac via address specified on server's page on portal.servers.com.