1. Go to System Preferences → Network, then click "Create a new service".
2. In the "Interface" list choose "VPN", in "VPN Type" list select "L2TP over IPSec". Enter a connection name and click "Create".
3. Input login credentials from portal.servers.com, where:
4. Click "Authentication Settings...", a new window will appear, enter the following details from portal.servers.com:
Click "OK", then "Apply".
5. To connect to a newly created VPN press "Connect".
6. As soon as VPN connection is established, add a route to iDRAC's network. Run in Terminal app:
sudo route -n add 198.18.0.0/15 -interface ppp0
Please note that it is required to run this command each time you connect to VPN.
You can add a bash alias to run this command more simply.
Add the following line at the end of the
alias drac='sudo route -n add 198.18.0.0/15 -interface ppp0'
Apply changes by running:
Now you can simply run "
drac" command in order to add a required route!
7. Now you can access your iDrac via address specified on server's page at portal.servers.com.