Billing and payments
Cloud server volumes
Data centers and network
Data privacy and data portability
How it works
VPN to GPN
How to setup L2TP over IPsec for iDRAC on Mac OS X
1. Go to System Preferences → Network, then click "Create a new service".
2. In the "Interface" list choose "VPN", in "VPN Type" list select "L2TP over IPSec". Enter a connection name and click "Create".
3. Input login credentials from portal.servers.com, where:
- Server Address: VPN server
- Account Name: Login
4. Click "Authentication Settings...", a new window will appear, enter the following details from portal.servers.com:
- Password: Password
- Shared Secret: Shared secret
Click "OK", then "Apply".
5. To connect to a newly created VPN press "Connect".
6. As soon as VPN connection is established, add a route to iDRAC's network. Run in Terminal app:
sudo route -n add 198.18.0.0/15 -interface ppp0
Please note that it is required to run this command each time you connect to VPN.
You can add a bash alias to run this command more simply.
Add the following line at the end of the
alias drac='sudo route -n add 198.18.0.0/15 -interface ppp0'
Apply changes by running:
Now you can simply run "
drac" command in order to add a required route!
7. Now you can access your iDrac via address specified on server's page at portal.servers.com.